The equipment (NMR and EPR) is also used by the members of the
Magnetic Resonance Center Leipzig
16 T Oxford cold bore, field variable magnet
All of the NMR-Spektrometers are dedicated to measure solid state spectra. Therefore they share the following properties:
- We use wide bore superconducting magnets. That means
the diameter of the probehead is 89 mm.
- Every Spectrometer has at least 2 channels to produce strong RF-pulses (more than 1000 W)
- To record broadband spectra very fast analog digital converters are used.
- Magic Angle Spinning (MAS) is possible to simplify
- Single crystal samples can be rotated perpendicularly to the static magnetic field in goniometer probeheads.
- NMR mesurements in a wide temperature range (4.2
K to 410 K) are possible (using different probeheads)
- Modern 2- or 3-dimensional techniques of solid-state-NMR can be applied
- We use NMR equipment from Bruker Corp.
NMR equipment is also produced by Agilent and JEOL