Student Assistant with Fluency in Chinese (SHK Position)
Project C5 “Maps of Globalization” (SFB 1199, Leibniz Institute for Regional Geography)
|Date||Saturday, 10 November 2018|
|Contact||Laura Pflug (SFB 1199) | L_Pflug@ifl-leipzig.de|
The Collaborative Research Centre (SFB) 1199: “Processes of Spatialization under the Global Condition” is looking for a student assistant with fluency in written Chinese (traditional Chinese characters and simplified Chinese characters) to support the Project C5: “Maps of Globalization: The Production and the Visualization of Spatial Knowledge” at the Leibniz Institute for Regional Geography (IfL). The position is for 9h/week, initially limited until 31 March 2019 (with possible extension).
We are looking for:
- fluency in written Chinese (traditional Chinese characters and simplified Chinese characters),
- basic cartographic knowledge (understanding of cartographic elements),
- good Excel skills,
- fluency in English,
- BA degree/advanced BA studies or ongoing MA studies in the humanities or in the social sciences.
Your tasks will include:
- transcribing qualitative data from Chinese sources,
- coding Chinese maps (data entry in Excel) ,
- supporting the project team with literature and Internet research (in particular Chinese atlases, textbooks, maps).
If you would like to apply, please send your motivation letter and CV to email@example.com with the subject title “SHK Karten zur Globalisierung” by 10 November 2018.