Welcome at the Transregio 67: Functional biomaterials for controlling healing processes in bone and skin tissue – from material to clinic
The demographic trends in Germany and other industrialized nations result in a considerable increase in patients with bone defects and chronic wounds. This requires the development of novel functional biomaterials, which improve bone and skin regeneration in an aging, multimorbid population. New knowledge about the role of the extracellular matrix (ECM) for the regeneration of tissues opens new opportunities for the design of innovative biomaterials. The structure and composition of ECM significantly influences cellular differentiation and function and the healing of tissues. The aim of the TRR 67 is to develop and investigate novel functional biomaterials based on artificial (a) ECM. Essential functional components of these materials are glycosaminoglycan derivatives and proteoglycan analogues in combination with structural proteins or synthetic carrier substances.
News & Events
Your are kindly invited to the advanced statistic workshop “From Analysis of Variance to Linear Fixed- and Mixed effects models” organized by the TRR67 IRTG Matrix Engineering.
Our trainer, Dr. Heym, will cover statistical models that are related to the models introduced in the first workshop (“Introduction to statistical thinking”) and which can be used to evaluate more complex designs.
Monday, 23 November 2020, 9.00-10.30am (for Installation, Set up and Introduction to R and RStudio)
Monday, 30 November 2020, 9.00-10.30am, 10.45 – 12.15am
Tuesday, 1 December 2020, 9.00-10.30am, 10.45 – 12.15am
Wednesday, 2 December 2020, 9.00-10.30am, 10.45 – 12.15am
Program for the advanced workshop “From Analysis of Variance to Linear Fixed- and Mixed effects models”:
- Installation, Set up and Introduction to R and RStudio
- Recap and review of Introduction to Analysis of Variance (ANOVA)
- ANOVA results – more about ANOVA tables and results visualization
- ANOVA – more complex designs
- Where are the differences – Post-Hoc Tests and when to use which test
- Assumptions: homogeneous variances – fitting linear models with heterogeneous variances
- Assumptions: independent observations – fitting linear models with measures over time, including grouping (longitudinally, over time) – Linear Fixed-effects Models
- What if observations are correlated? Linear Mixed-effects models
For joining the workshop you need a computer and a good internet connection. You will receive the workshop software from the trainer.
During the webinar you will work with material which you will receive from the trainer. You will need something to write on, a pencil, a calculator and “R program” as well.
Have you become curios and intend to participate and register for the advanced workshop?
It is a great chance to improve your knowledge in statistics. If you are interested to attend, please register by sending an e-mail to Gunda.Nitzsche@uni-leipzig.de.
More information coming soon …